DPRC has 10 shooting ranges to facilitate every shooting discipline, with a few specialized for specific disciplines such as archery, benchrest, bullseye pistol, and one dedicated to .22LR shooting sports. In addition to the shooting ranges we also have a large clubhouse.
These rules apply to all ranges:
The John Book range is the club’s dedicated Rimfire range. Only .22 caliber short, long, and long rifle cartridges may be fired on this range (ALL other cartridges are forbidden). This range has a fixed firing line with targets at minimum of 50 yards.
1. Rimfire ammunition up to and including .22 caliber short, long, and long rifle cartridges is
2. Minimum distance for targets is 50 feet. Ensure that all bullets will impact the rear berm.
3. All shooting should be done from the covered firing line, in line with, but not necessarily from, the benches.
4. While anyone is downrange, a safety flag should be posted in front of the firing line.
General purpose pistol and rifle range featuring 20 concrete benchrests with wooden stools. This range has a fixed firing line with target stands at 50 and 100 yards.
2. ONLY the fixed target positions at 50 yards and 100 yards may be used.
3. Paper targets should be placed in target frames at 50 yards and 100 yards ONLY.
4. Non-paper targets are allowed ONLY on the rear berm (at 100yards).
5. All shooting should be done from the covered firing line, in line with, but not necessarily from, the benches.6. While anyone is downrange, a safety flag should be posted in front of the firing line.
Bullseye pistol shooting competition range with a fixed firing line, rotating target frames at 25 yards and fixed target frames at 50 yards. This range only supports firing from a standing position.
1. Rimfire and pistol calibers are permitted.
2. The ONLY permitted targets are paper targets in the
provided 25-yard and 50-yard frames. No other targets or placements are
permitted. Ensure that you do not shoot the wooden frames or the wooden walls.
3. All shooting should be done from the covered firing line benches.
Large general use rimfire, pistol, rifle and shotgun range with a depth of approximately 80 yards. This range does not have a fixed firing line only a minimum firing line. There are no fixed target frames on this range.
1. Rimfire, pistol calibers, shotguns, and rifle calibers are
2. This is the ONLY range where airborne clay shooting is permitted.
a. Use lead shot size 7½, 8, or 9 ONLY.
b. All shots at clays must go into or over the REAR BERM ONLY. There are club members on ranges behind both side berms!